Thursday, March 22, 2012

An Oly by Any Other Name




I have several “first” posts in progress, but this came up and all of my plans went out the window. David Riesenberg, presumably a product designer, made some 3D models of what he’d like to see from Canon’s long awaited mirrorless camera system. It is essentially a flat-top mirrorless camera designed to seamlessly accept an accessory EVF that looks like an SLR prism hump. Personally, I am not a fan of mirrorless cameras with a centrally positioned EVF, and the Leica X1-esque pop-up flash makes me cringe, but I like that he put a combined shutter speed/ISO adjustment dial on it. Even though this kind of dial wiggles a bit, unlike plain shutter speed dials, it’s still very elegant. On the other hand, noise is not a big issue on larger sensors these days, so maybe it’s not as useful as it would have been a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment